Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Two More Days

Only 2 days until I leave for Guatemala (that's exciting)! Cindy and Jeanne (Nancy's sister) fly there tomorrow and will pick me up at the airport on Thursday. I will get to do a couple of things this trip that I haven't had the opportunity to do before. On Sunday, after church, we (Cindy, Jeanne and I) are going back to one of the mountain villages with Jeanne's Embrace family and we are actually going to spend the night at their "house" in the mountains. Then, Monday we are going to the Mayan ruins in Honduras (a country I've never visited before). They actually have tours in English conducted by SBC missionaries.

The last couple of weeks have been rough, but things are almost back to normal. Lucy has been really sick and then I ended up in bed for several days. Then, on Saturday I was out walking and got "attacked" by a dog and bit. It wasn't bad, but enough to draw blood.

I'll write again once I get back.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Calyn said...

A country you've never been to, Mr. Jim? That's amazing. Have a great time. I'll be praying for you. :0)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Calyn or should I say Princess Calyn. I'm also praying for your preparation for your trip to Ukraine (I almost wrote "The" Ukraine). I know you will have a wonderful time and especially enjoy the time you get to spend with Lori.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home